TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Remember John and AMS? Cut the BS.
People Seeking Info

Subject Remember John and AMS? Cut the BS.

Posted by flashstar on July 31, 2015 at 2:37 AM
  This message has been viewed 298 times.

In Reply To Ok let's look at it this way, IF the Amsoil application page posted by Zuberman on July 31, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Message How can we trust your opinion on oils when you're constantly hawking Amsoil products? The moment you saw one of my posts, you sent me an advertisement haha. It reminds me of John constantly praising AMS even though his AMS radiator is bulging and his AMS suspension parts have most certainly taken a dump.

Post some independent test results showing that the VG30DE works well with modern 10w-30. The FSM is 20+ years out of date and is nearly irrelevant now as far as oil weights go. Oils have changed so much since 1989.

Here's an article arguing for a thicker oil with additional anti-wear additives from an independent source.

La-Z-Link

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a 5w40 or 10w40 for the southern US. That article argues that a modern 10w30 is thinner than a 10w30 from years ago. Another factor is that thinner oils tend to reduce start-up wear.

In short, I'd probably run Rotella T6. More ZDDP, good cold performance, and thicker when warm.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.